Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not Quite Crawling

I'm on all fours. I'm moving my legs... how come I'm not going forward? Unh! Unh! Well at least I made it off that mat... oooh, a table leg! Edible? I intend to find out.

Step by (not-quite) step, Leo is learning to crawl. We only showed him a little how to do it. Mostly he is figuring it out on his own. It helps that with the warmer weather he can be barefoot now (better traction). Possibly he was inspired by the visit of elder cousin Danny this past weekend, who demonstrated the joys of running and jumping. In any case, once again, he seems to have become even more of a little boy and less of a big baby.

2 comments:

CrankyOtter said...

Hey, April 14 to April 22 and the boy is now up on hands and knees, following the grands' exercise plan. Not bad!

Noemi said...

Yup, he is really cute when he is up on his hands and knees. Doesn't know what to do once he gets there though--just shakes back and forth and kinda grins wildly. Then he plops back on his belly and pulls himself forward with his elbows. He'll figure it out eventually. And meantime he is actually cruising pretty convincingly.